Thursday, January 13, 2011

My latest project:


My parents gave me their old dining room set, and while painted on fruit and 
basket weave seat cushions were super trendy years ago,
 not so much now.  

 I stripped them and painted them black and reupholstered the cushions with a super cute black and cream damask-type print.  I think they turned out ok!
 Thank goodness I had such great helpers!  I don't know if I 
could have done it without my little monster!

I also refinished this curio cabinet  a while back. It was mahogany with a mirrored backing and i painted it black to match the dining set and lined the back with a velvet and silk print.  

2 comments:

The White's said...

wow it looks like things have been really great for you guys. I love how the dining set turned out! So cute! And boy your little swayzi is going to be a handful when she is a teenager, you guys will definitely have to buy a gun for all the boys that will be flocking from all around! She is so adorable. I am sorry that we were not able to make it down for her spooky party, it really would have been so much fun. Glad you guys had a good christmas. That wedding cake is gorgeous!!! you are very talented! And last but not least, I am glad you enjoyed a nice two week vacation, that sounds like heaven right now to me, unfortunately being poor does have some down sides to it, but we are still happy none the less. :) Glad you are all doing so well.

Susan said...

Very DIY of you! I might call you to help me redo some stuff. I love the new family photo too. Adorable!